Class Dates: March 7, 14, 21, 28
Welcome to our third month! March will be Charleston month for both Lindy 1 and Lindy 2. Here is an overview of what’s going on:
For Lindy 1 the first two weeks are “start from scratch” as well as including a lot of fundamentals so a wide variety of levels will benefit. The latter-week variation (weeks 3 and 4) we will teach side-by-side dancing including Charleston!
For Lindy 2 we will do an entire month on 30′s Charleston. We will teach Charleston in a variety of ways such as transitions in-and-out, mini-choreography, as well as our “patterns” classes where we will teach a similar lead with multiple endings and then have the leads “chews” their Charleston. Ah ha ha ha ha. Get it? “Choose” … “Chews” ? Ah ha ha ha
Here are the details:
Lindy 1 Theme: Fundamentals, Side-By-Side, Charleston
Fundamentals Study, and variations in Side-By-Side (both Charleston and kick moves) ..just in case you want to not get so dizzy!
- Week 1:Lindy Basic, Free spin, Lindy Circle and Sendout with emphasis on technique
- Week 2:Lindy Circle/Sendout, Side-By-Side Charleston Moves Part 1
- Week 3:Side-By-Side Kicks, Kick-Ups
- Week 4:Side-By-Side Charleston 2 + Ben’s “MO FAVORITE” Entry
Lindy 2 Theme: Charleston!
Charleston Charleston Charleston! So much to do with Charleston including awesome side-by-side stuff, Tandem, Tandem face-to-face… cool entries and exits.. and some Solo stuff too! REQUIREMENT: You need to know basic Charleston both Tandem and Side-By-Side plus a few variations already so we can tackle more complicated coolness!
- Week 1:Side-By-Side Charleston Moves
- Week 2:Side-By-Side Charleston face-to-face… TRIFECTA and more
- Week 3:Shadow/Tandem Charleston (front/back and face-to-face)
- Week 4:Exits/Entries and Solo Movements for Styling