Class Dates: February 7, 14, 21, 28
Welcome to our second month! Here is an overview of what’s going on:
For Lindy 1 we will again “repeat” our first two weeks as we will likely have a mix of new beginners and veteran beginner/intermediates. This means we will start from scratch and also go into some technique explanations and practice so all levels present will get something out of it.
For the Lindy 1 latter-week variation (weeks 3 and 4), the previous month we did some pretty complicated moves with the quick tucks. We will now go the other way and look at some nice footwork variations, some stylings, and some Frankie-inspired ad-libs!
For Lindy 2 we explored a lot of technique, footwork, and movement to spice up your current Lindy vocabulary. This month we will add on moves, moves, moves, and moves to your vocabulary so expect an intense month of moves and patterns. THEN we will study reactionary lead/follow, meaning making up moves on the fly! That’s right follows, sometimes even the leads don’t even know what’s coming up!
Here are the details:
Lindy 1 Theme: Fundamentals, Ad-Libs, Frankie Inspired
Fundamentals Study, Styling it up with floor craft and footwork variations, some slides, some Frankie ad-libs, then learning to put it to musical phrases
- Week 1:Lindy Basic, Free spin, Underarm Outside Turn, with emphasis on technique
- Week 2:More technique, Inside Turn, Floor Craft With The Basic
- Week 3:Easy and Classy: Lindy Basic Styling and Footwork Variations (Shuffle, Stomp-Offs, Slides) and Frankie ad-libs
- Week 4:Phrasing it Musically
Lindy 2 Theme: Moves, Moves, Moves, and Technique! Reactionary Lead and Follow
Some of our favorites moves!! Quick tucks (both single and double variety), pop turns (TWO CLASSES WORTH!), and in-depth study of rotational connection to go with the linear connection we studied in the previous month
- Week 1:Quick Tuck Moves, both Singles and Doubles (our favorite!!!)
- Week 2:As The Pop Turns
- Week 3:Rotational Connection and Reactionary Lead and Follow…because sometimes even the *LEAD* doesn’t know what he’s going to do!
- Week 4:As The Pop Turns part 2