Class Dates: April 3, 10, 17, 24
April 2014 brings us a month of momentum and counterbalance a.k.a. great technique month! We cover Lindy Hop (of course) in both classes. And for Lindy 1, we will utilize some fancy passes to learn good technique. In Lindy 2, what better way to learn technique and counterbalance than some great Hollywood Lindy inspired moves!
Here is an overview of what’s going on:
Here is the planned curriculum:
Subject To Change
Lindy 1 Theme: Momentum, Counter Balance, Technique!
Of course we will start out with fundamentals! We will spend the first two weeks on the basic sendout and variations. We will continue with a lot of technique and momentum and counterbalance utilizing some nifty 4-count passes and variations on passes
- Week 1:Basic, Inside Turn Variation, Momentum
- Week 2:Outside Turn Variation, Momentum
- Week 3:Momentum and Counterbalance with Passes
- Week 4:Even trickier passes and variations
Lindy 2 Theme: Momentum, Counter Balance, Technique!
This will be a technique-filled month with a lot of momentum and counter balance utilizing, but of-course, a lot of Hollywood Style inspired moves!
- Week 1:Lindy Swingout Pendulum Technique, Extended passes, 4-walls
- Week 2:Lindy Rhythm Turns, Rhythm Turn Swingouts, Over-rotated swingouts
- Week 3:SWITCHES!! (SASSSY!! and great counter-balance technique!)
- Week 4:Our favorite behind-the-back wind-up move! Top-secret! Momentum required!