Class Dates: April 4, 11, 18, 25
And it’s the month Jasmine has been waiting for ….
SHIM SHAM MONTH!!
Lindy 1 for the latter month variation will be learning *THE* Shim Sham ..the original… a favorite of Frankie Mannings (so this month we will refer to it as the Frankie Manning Shim Sham). And it’s a dance everyone should know.
Lindy 2 will be learning, as LindyGroove Lance calls it, “the beautiful dance” … the Dean Collins Shim Sham (from which I have to say I realized I pull a lot of my stylings from!)
For both classes, we will teach the steps, go in-depth on lines, stylings, and variations, and then teach applying them to your Lindy Hop! It is going to be …. so good!
Here are the details:
We could go on and on about why line dances are awesome (and we will elaborate on that in class!). Two really good reasons: work on your lines AND learn new moves and rhythms! Which is why we will not just teach the dance but also spend time on stylings and variations too!
Lindy 1 Theme: Fundamentals, Frankie Shim Sham!
Fundamentals Study, and variations, the Frankie Shim Sham (including one of my favorite jazz steps the Shorty George!), in-depth study on ways to add variations to the steps, and how to incorporate it into your Lindy
- Week 1:Lindy Basic, Free spin, emphasis on technique
- Week 2:Lindy Phrasing and Fun Stuff!
- Week 3:Frankie Manning Shim Sham: The Steps and Incorporating It Into Lindy Hop
- Week 4:Frankie Manning Shim Sham: The Steps and Incorporating It Into Lindy Hop
Lindy 2 Theme: Dean Collins Shim Sham!
Dean Collins was the epitome of smooth and beautiful. So we’ll explore the Dean Collins Shim Sham, some variations on stylings and moves, and then applying it to your Lindy Hop
- Week 1:Dean Collins Shim Sham The Steps Part 1
- Week 2:Dean Collins Shim Sham The Steps Part 2
- Week 3:Applying Dean Collins Shim Sham to your Lindy Hop Part 1
- Week 4:Applying Dean Collins Shim Sham to your Lindy Hop Part 2